Friday, July 24, 2009

New Yard?


This is what our yard looked like when the kids and I left for Montana.

This is what it looked like the morning after we got home. They were doing digging at 8:00a.m. the morning after we got back home to Metlakatla.

We had a gravel parking lot for about 5 days. I had accepted that we were going to have gravel for a yard:( I wanted to plant some trees out by the road for some privacy, so I called housing and asked if they were done digging. A housing guy came by and said they did not want to put grass out there, because they did not want to take care of grass. I promised to take care of it and to even get the grass seed and everything. The next morning at 7:30 a.m. they were dumping and spreading top soil! On Thursday the 16th Frank and I raked it smooth then planted the seed.

These last two pictures were taken a week after we started the seeds. I love my green little baby grass! At first I thought that it was moss growing in the dirt. NO, little green spears of life!!! I took both the bottom pictures right after the other, I think the bottom one looks the best:)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

I wish we had a lawn - and a crew to provide the top soil. Yeah for green.