Monday, February 25, 2008

Western coast of Annette Island

Today when we were checking out the western coast of Annette Island we found lots of amazing and interesting things. We found this little kelp crab, isn't he cute. He did not want us to be around. So we left him in peace and went on to find other things.

Cort and I found a Scarlet Anemone. I learned something with the anemone when they are under the water you can touch them with a stick and they do not disappear right away. The first picture is before the stick. The second picture is after I started messing with the sand around the anemone. I was impressed with how the pictures turned out since it was underwater. Frank saw one on the beach and he said that when he stepped on it, it spit water at him.




This is the swing that we found on the beach. The swing is tied up on a limb about 50 feet up. The kids do not like to swing on it, they get scared. I love this swing and Frank can't pull me back far enough! I still have not gone for a ride during high tide. It would be fun to swing out over the water. Frank said he does not trust the swing, what a chicken.









The kids found some snails in one of the tide pools. They had a lot of fun watching them and letting them slime around on Cort's finger. Grace was not patient enough for the snail to come back out of its sell after picking it up.

No comments: