Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Sandy Beach

Today we went to a new beach. This was a really nice sandy beach I think it will be the best one for swimming at. Grace got a ride over the big rocks to get to the sand. Once we were on the sand she was ready to run! I found a periwinkle shell, it was not a whole shell:( But they look so big when you first find them. When we got home and I was washing it out in the sink something fell out. I took a closer look and then started to scream for Frank and Cort to get in the kitchen right away. I little baby crab was crawling around in the sink! When I calmed down it was really neat. Lucy, the cat, even checked it out. After she smelt it she did not want anything to do with it.


We even found 2 hermit crabs. Cort is holding the first one we found. He was more excited about the second one we found, maybe because it was bigger.

Grace was so cute looking for shells. She would find one that want Frank to pick it up for her. What can I say she is all girl! Then I could not pass on the picture of Frank and Cort walking by the water. I think this is one of my new favorite pictures. It make me think of all the different conversations they might be having while they are walking.


Peg, those explorer bags are the BEST! Thank you sooooo much!

2 comments:

Peggy said...

Do you need a second set of explorer bags? I wish we had sandy beaches to explore.

Peggy said...

I just went to write a long email to thank you for the package that arrived yesterday and realized I do not have your email address. Please email me and I will make sure it gets into my address book this time. We are plotting a return package.